COVID-19 Update from ZOOM Pharmacy
As an Essential Service Provider ZOOM Pharmacy is here for you during Alert Level 4, and will continue to dispense and deliver your prescription medicine supplies, to anywhere in New Zealand.
No matter what region you live in and your Alert Level, it’s business as usual when you choose ZOOM Pharmacy!
ZOOM Pharmacy customer top tips
- The best and quickest way to send your prescription to ZOOM during Alert Level 4 is to tell your medical centre to send it from their end
- Request your next new prescription early! 2-3 weeks BEFORE you are due to run out is best, due to potential delays in processing prescriptions from doctors and medical centres
- Is your current delivery address still valid? For example, if it is a business address which is now closed during Alert Level 4 – you will need to change it!
Be prepared – restock disposable face masks now. Great prices!
Make sure you and the people you care about restock your supply of disposable face masks now. ZOOM Pharmacy has sourced a disposable face mask at a great price, with breathable three layer protection, elasticized ear loops, and a concealed adjustable nose clip.
- 25 face masks for only $9.95
- 50 face masks for only $19.95
ZOOM Pharmacy will be following sound COVID-19 working practices based on our experience and learnings to date, and will follow all protocols as per national guidelines.
ZOOM Pharmacy COVID update
ZOOM Pharmacy COVID-19 Level 4 practices include:
- all staff onsite wearing masks during their entire working day
- all staff practicing meticulous hygiene practices
- having two sets of alternating non-overlapping shifts
- contactless pickup from ZOOM of customer packages
- contactless delivery to customers
- ensuring all communication lines are open and available to customers to answer any questions they may have
We will continue to update you as any new updates and details emerge.
Who is at increased risk of COVID-19?
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) started in China and has now spread through the rest of the world. The picture is changing daily.
People of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 are like common illnesses such as a cold or influenza. You may have one or more of the following:
- Sneezing and runny nose
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
- Fever (at least 38˚C)
- Shortness of breath
- Temporary loss of smell
- Altered sense of taste
Less common symptoms may include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, or confusion/irritability.
Symptoms tend to arise after 5 days but can take up to 14 days to show after a person has been infected. The virus can be passed onto others before they know they have it – from up to two days before symptoms develop.
Alert level 4 – stay at home
Almost all countries around the world have taken stringent measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 by locking down and imposing significant travel restrictions.
New Zealand as now moved into Alert Level 4. You can find out more information on what Alert Level 4 means for you here
Where to get help
If you think you have COVID-19 call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or talk to your doctor.
To find your local testing station visit Healthpoint.
Read more about COVID-19 assessment and testing.
Read more about how to book your COVID-19 vaccination.
ZOOM Pharmacy. FREE prescriptions! Great service
Get FREE* prescriptions, great service. and fast delivery – anywhere in New Zealand.
To get started, simply send ZOOM Pharmacy your prescription. You can tell your medical centre to send it, or do this through your patient portal, or take a photo and securely upload your prescription, or freepost / courier it yourself.