What is your personal information
What personal information do we collect
We may collect your name, telephone number, email address, mailing or street address, age or date of birth, profession, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly either in person, in writing, through our website (https://zoompharmacy.co.nz/ referred to herein as “our website“) or through the ZOOM Pharmacy App or indirectly through use of our website or other online presence.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website, the ZOOM Pharmacy App, our IT systems or data centres used in the operation of our business and/or the provision of our website or the ZOOM Pharmacy App and any related services or through any contact with us (for example, in person, telephone call or email)
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information that we request or require, then we may not be able to offer the ZOOM Pharmacy App and/or our services and products to you.
Why we collect your personal information & how we use & disclose it
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to confirm and arrange orders placed by you
- to support payment obligations in respect of orders
- to assist you in your use of the ZOOM Pharmacy App and/or to provide the products or services you request or require from us
- to contact you for marketing purposes including but not limited to presenting you with information about suitable offers and promotions of products or services from us or our business partners that might interest you
- to better understand your preferences so that we can improve the ZOOM Pharmacy App and our products and services provided (or to be provided) to you
- to present you with survey requests and to obtain feedback in respect of the ZOOM Pharmacy App and/or our products and services
- to respond to communications from you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your personal information (for the purposes described above) to:
- our employees
- another entity within our group
- our business partners offering similar products and/or services that might interest you
- any business that supports our activities, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use in the operation of our business, to provide the ZOOM Pharmacy App, products and/or services and/or to provide our website
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is:
- protected against loss, damage, misuse and unauthorised access. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to this information in order to assist us in performing our activities; and
- accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights please contact the Privacy Officer at the email address set out below. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Unless you request that we do not to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you acknowledge and agree that by providing us with your personal information we and our third party business partners may use that information to send you electronic messages (including but not limited to push notifications, text messages and emails) for the purposes set out in this policy (including for marketing purposes).
You have the right to ask us not to collect, use or disclose your personal information for marketing purposes. You may exercise this right by contacting the Privacy Officer at the email address set out below or by unsubscribing to our marketing emails (using the link included within those emails).
What is your health information
What health information do we collect
We will be provided with details of your prescription (including NHI number, medicine name, dose, frequency and duration) by you, your prescriber or a pharmacy in order to provide the ZOOM Pharmacy App.
The provision of such information is necessary for use of the ZOOM Pharmacy App. Accordingly, if you choose not to provide the required information you will not be able to use the ZOOM Pharmacy App.
The ZOOM Pharmacy App also records your in-app responses to daily reminders and other information input into the ZOOM Pharmacy App and this information is available to us on an anonymous basis (i.e. it is linked to the patient unique identifier number).
Who do we collect your health information from
We do not gather health information about you without your knowledge.
As noted above, we collect details of your prescription (including NHI number, medicine name, dose, frequency and duration) from you, your prescriber or a pharmacy.
How we use your health information
We will use your health information to enable fulfilment of your prescription by ZOOM Pharmacy and provision of adherence and delivery services to you through the ZOOM Pharmacy App.
A ZOOM Pharmacy pharmacist may also use your health information (and personal information) in order to contact the prescriber and/or you if there is a potential problem with the prescription or adherence.
Disclosing your health information
We will not sell, lease, or give your health information to any third party without your consent or as otherwise permitted or required pursuant to the Code.
ZOOM may share anonymous demographic data but all identifying details will be removed.
Protecting your health information
Security and data/patient anonymity are core features of the ZOOM Pharmacy App.
The ZOOM Pharmacy App database holds prescriber, pharmacy and patient information in a secure and anonymous manner using unique identification numbers. The use of unique identification numbers means that individual patient health information held by the ZOOM Pharmacy App can only be used to identify a specific patient by that patient’s prescriber.
Accessing and correcting your health information
You may access any health information we hold and correct any mistakes at any time by contacting ZOOM’s Privacy Officer at the email address set out below. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the health information, or the correction, that you are requesting). You can also update your health information at any time through your prescriber or pharmacy.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information or health information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
Privacy Officer – Contact Us
If you would like to contact us about any matter relating to privacy, our details are:
ZOOM Health Ltd / ZOOM Care Ltd
Floor 1, 29 Union Street
Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
This policy was last updated in November 2022