Best Scone Recipe
Who’s bakes the best scones you know? Maybe it’s you! In our office at ZOOM Pharmacy it’s Jenny, and one of her go to recipes is the Lemonade Scone recipe from Chelsea Sugar NZ.
Beautifully light scones
For amateur bakers, this is a fantastic recipe for you; it is perhaps one of the most fool proof scone recipes out there. Just make sure you use regular lemonade, diet just won’t do it! Scones should served warm from the oven, cut in half, and spread with butter, jam and a dollop of whipped cream.
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 300ml cream
- ¼ cup Chelsea white sugar
- 300ml regular lemonade (not diet)
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cover an oven tray with a sheet of baking paper or spray well with non stick baking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth dough (the mixture is quite sloppy).
- Tip out onto a floured bench and form into a ’round’. Carefully lift and place onto baking tray (a dough scraper helps) and cut into wedges (leave with sides touching – scones will pull apart after baking). Alternatively, use a cookie cutter or knife to cut into rounds or squares.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes until starting to colour pale golden.
- Check they are cooked through and cool on a wire rack, covered with a clean tea towel (this keeps the scones lovely and soft).
Do not overmix. Use a knife (not a spoon) to cut through the dough, combining the ingredients. Do as little kneading as possible, just enough to bring your mixture into shape. You can even just drop them in a blob on the lined oven tray if that’s easier.
Recipe supplied by Chelsea Sugar NZ
Get your medicine delivered from ZOOM Pharmacy
ZOOM Pharmacy provides personalised care, specific to you. Our customer care and service is second to none. Get prescription medicine delivery to your door, repeats sorted for you.
Simply send ZOOM your prescription. You can do this through your patient portal, or tell your medical centre to send it, or take a photo and securely upload your prescription, or freepost / courier it yourself. A pharmacist will then get in touch and take it from there.
Get FREE* prescriptions! Plus if you are on 4 or more funded prescription medicines, you get FREE prescriptions, packing and delivery.