Taking your prescription medicine regularly and as prescribed by your doctor at the right dose, the right time and the right frequency is known as medication adherence.
So why bother getting prescriptions and taking your prescription medicine, if you feel perfectly healthy?
The answer is clear. If you get your prescriptions and take your medicine as directed you will:
- have a lower chance of being admitted to hospital
- less chance of being rushed to the emergency department
- any diseases you have will progress more slowly
- you will have a much lower chance of dying early
Prescription medicine for long-term conditions
Non-adherence to medication is a leading cause of hospital admissions, more frequent doctor visits, and increased healthcare costs for both the individual and country.
Taking your prescription medicine as directed by your pharmacist is incredibly important to help control chronic, or long-term diseases or conditions. Medicines are also used to treat temporary conditions such as infections and will also improve overall long-term health and well-being.
Here are few things to think about when taking any medications:
- understand your condition e.g. it might be raised blood pressure, which can lead to heart disease, heart attack and heart failure
- understand your medicine and why it has been recommended
- understand how and when to take your medicine
- understand what might happen if you don’t take the medicine
No more queuing in pharmacy
ZOOM Pharmacy makes it really easy to get your medicines. Maybe you have searched for online medicine or for an online pharmacy before. Save the time and just get ZOOM to organise it all for you.
Prescription meds are delivered direct to your door, repeats organised for you. No more queuing at pharmacy, no more running out of meds. And for those unfunded medicines you have to pay extra for, ZOOM will price match online medicine and online pharmacy prices if you can find better.
You can download the ZOOM Pharmacy app where all your regular meds will be listed, along with instructions on what, how and when to take them. The app can also send you daily dose reminders when to take your meds and remind you when a new prescription is due. But if apps aren’t your thing, no worries, you can still use ZOOM’s great service.
ZOOM’s pharmacists are available to talk or email anytime Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm. Just freephone 0508 966 622 with any questions or concerns that you have, our team are there to help!