Walk to Improve Your Health
Walking is cheap, simple to do, and will improve your health.
“If you are in a bad mood, go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood, go for another walk.” Hippocrates
How can walking improve my health?
A regular walk, briskly if you can, will help:
- Improve heart fitness
- Strengthen bones
- Strengthen muscles
- Strengthen your immunity
- Improve balance & coordination
- Give you more energy
- Make you feel better, sharper and more onto it
- Help you sleep
- Reduce stress
- Help maintain a healthier weight
Checklist for getting started
Don’t set your goals too high initially, it is much better to be able to have a good go of it, enjoy yourself, and want to do it again the next day. Here’s a quick checklist for getting started:
- Comfortable walking shoes, shorts/pants and top
- Start with the easiest, smoothest, flattest route you can – save the hills for a month or two!
- 5 minutes is fine to begin with – make it as enjoyable as you can
- Try to take a route that has some interesting things along the way to look at
Look at your walking technique
- Head up, looking forward
- Shoulders relaxed, back straight
- Swing your arms, elbows slightly bent
- If you’re in the mood, you can even pump your arms a bit!
Get your medicine delivered from ZOOM Pharmacy
ZOOM Pharmacy provides personalised care, specific to you. Our customer care and service is second to none. Get prescription medicine delivery to your door, repeats sorted for you.
Simply send ZOOM your prescription. You can do this through your patient portal, or tell your medical centre to send it, or take a photo and securely upload your prescription, or freepost / courier it yourself. A pharmacist will then get in touch and take it from there.
Plus if you are on 4 or more funded prescription medicines, you get FREE prescriptions, packing and delivery.