Now that our travel options are beginning to open up again, people are able to freely travel across the Tasman to catch up with friends and loved ones. Or perhaps book in that long weekend to Melbourne that you have been hanging out for nearly two years now.
And finally, you can easily come back home again without the hassle of MIQ or home isolation.
Health travel packing list
If you are travelling overseas, there can be strict rules on travelling with prescription medication. If you take a number of medicines, or take particular types of medicines, you may need a doctor’s certificate to verify this. Check with your airline before packing your bags.
Overseas health travel packing list
- Prescription medication (with doctor’s certificate if required)
- First aid kit
- RATs (Rapid Antigen Test)
- Hand sanitiser
- Cold & flu medicine
- Pain relief medicine
- Diarrhoea medicine
- Motion sickness tablets
- Sunburn gel (such as aloe vera)
- Insect repellent
- Eye drops
Always go to SafeTravel to check official advice for New Zealanders travelling and living overseas, and follow vaccination recommendations.
Pack in RATs for peace of mind
If you are travelling across the ditch (or even throughout New Zealand) make sure that your travel checklist includes a pack or two of RATs (Rapid Antigen Tests).
Because you might be surprised that it’s not necessarily cheap, quick or easy to purchase RATs tests in Australia and other countries – and you will need them on your travels.
Packing in RATs means you have peace of mind knowing you have them immediately on hand, when you or someone you are with needs to test.
Visiting family? Reassure them and yourself you are OK to take off your face mask and give them a hug.
RATs 5 Pack – ONLY $24.99 (that’s just $5 per test!) – BUY NOW Ministry of Health Approved
COVID is not going away, so a pack or two of RATs in your First Aid Kit will not go to waste. You can also use them this winter once the cold and flu season hits, just for reassurance.
We’ve made it so easy to SHOP ONLINE for ZOOM’s Expert Recommended Range including: Fever Pain & Flu, Vitamins, Covid Care and more!
RATs 5 Pack On Any ZOOM Pharmacy Online Orders $80+ WHILE STOCKS LAST!
- Travel with Australia. Information on travelling between Australia and New Zealand – New Zealand Government
- Ultimate Travel Checklist – Southern Cross Travel Insurance
- SafeTravel: Official advice for New Zealanders living and travelling overseas – New Zealand Government
- International Travel Guide. What Kiwis travellers need to know about heading overseas in the era of Covid-19 – Stuff Travel (6 April 2022)