Best Tiramisu Recipe For Christmas
A great dessert for Christmas
Tiramisu is my go to dessert for Christmas. This Tiramisu recipe is extremely forgiving and fool proof. It is also great because it can be made ahead, the day before even, and requires no oven space.
Baileys certainly isn’t an authentic liqueur to use in this Italian dessert, but in my opinion, is the best.
- 1 packet (250g) Savoiardi biscuits, otherwise known as ladyfingers or sponge fingers
- 1 1/2 cup strong freshly brewed coffee, cooled (you can use instant coffee if you don’t have fresh)
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 eggs, separated
- a pinch of salt
- 50g castor sugar
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- chocolate, shaved
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites and a pinch of salt with an electric beater until soft peaks begin to form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks with an electric beater until thick and pale in colour, around 5 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone and vanilla paste to the sugar/egg yolk mixture, and whisk with the electric beater until smooth and combined.
- Lastly, fold in the whisked egg white gently, until just combined.
- Combine the cooled coffee and Baileys Irish Cream liqueur in a bowl.
- Take a sponge finger and dip into the coffee/liqueur mixture for a couple of seconds, until the surface is damp – but not soggy. Place into your chosen dish and repeat with the sponge fingers until you have one even layer.
- Pour half the mascarpone mixture onto the soaked sponge fingers and spread evenly.
- Repeat another layer of the soaked sponge fingers, then top with the remaining half of mascarpone. If you find that you run out of liquid, do not fear – just make up a smaller amount with the amount of 3 parts coffee to 1 part liqueur.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. Top with cocoa powder and shaved chocolate, and serve with whipped cream.
For this Tiramisu recipe it does make a difference if you can use fresh brewed coffee, and real vanilla extract. It is worth it, I promise!
Recipe supplied by Alice Taylor
Medicines delivered this holiday season
ZOOM Pharmacy medicines delivery service this holiday season is available to you, wherever you may be in New Zealand. Get your prescription medicines delivered direct.
ZOOM will need to receive your prescription and have your order confirmed (any fees paid if applicable) by Monday 14 December 2020 – if you want to receive your order before Christmas.
Remember to allow 24-48 hours for your medical centre to process your next new prescription request.
If you’re already using ZOOM, we may contact you earlier than usual about your next new prescription. This is because we want to get it sorted for you early – before the holiday season begins. Send your next new prescription to ZOOM before Christmas and be in to win one of ten $25 Prezzy Cards!
Got a question? Call 0508 966 622 – we’re here to help!