Habitrol Chewing Gum provides an effective aid to help you stop smoking, gradually cut down smoking before stopping or control cravings in situations where you cannot smoke or do not want to smoke.
Did you know if you have strong cravings you can supplement Habitrol Patch with Habitrol Gum 2mg?
Ask your healthcare professional about Combination Therapy.
Do not use if:
– you are under 12 years of age
– you are a non-smoker
– you have an allergy to nicotine or any other ingredient in the gum
– the foil seal is broken
Do not use unless a doctor has told you to if:
– you have had a recent heart attack or stroke
– you have angina (chest pain) that is not well controlled or getting worse
– you have severe arrhythmia
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if:
– you are under 18 years of age
– you are pregnant or breastfeeding
– you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or other heart or blood vessel disease
– you have a stomach ulcer, kidney or liver disease
– you have diabetes
– you have an overactive thyroid or adrenal gland cancer
Contains saccharin and saccharin sodium. Contains sorbitol, xylitol and mannitol – total 0.4g/gum or 8g/20 gums. Products containing these ingredients may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea. Contains 11.5mg or 0.5mmol sodium/gum (equiv. to 230mg or 10mmol/20 gums) which should be taken into account by those on a low sodium diet.
Keep out of reach of children.
Habitrol Gum 2 mg is for smokers who smoke less than 20 cigarettes per day. There are two programs to use Habitrol Gum:
Quit Now Program
1. Chew one gum slowly when you feel the urge to smoke (refer to pack leaflet for full directions). Do not exceed 20 gums in one day.
2. After around 3 months, gradually cut down the amount of gum you use each day.
3. When you are down to 1-2 gums per day, you can stop using Habitrol Gum. This should be possible within 6 months from the start of treatment.
Reduce to Quit Program
1. When you feel the urge to smoke, you may chew one gum slowly instead of smoking a cigarette (refer to pack leaflet for full directions).
2. Gradually increase gum use for up to 6 months, while cutting down smoking. Do not exceed 20 gums in one day.
3. When you have cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke to a level where you feel you can quit completely, follow the Quit Now Program.
4. If you have not cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day after 6 weeks, see your doctor or pharmacist
Each gum contains 2mg nicotine.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. THIS MEDICINE MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR YOU. INCORRECT USE MAY BE HARMFUL. READ THE WARNINGS BEFORE PURCHASE. THE PHARMACIST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT SUPPLY CONTRARY TO OUR PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION.