Gaviscon Infant Powder for Oral Suspension mixes with and stabilizes the stomach contents to prevent reflux and regurgitation.
This Infant Powder is specially designed for little tummies and comes in convenient sachets for easy dose control.
The regurgitation and reflux powder thickens stomach contents to make it harder for liquid to come up the food pipe, reducing the number of times a baby brings up milk by nearly two thirds.
Gaviscon Infant features 30 sachets of sugar free powder for oral suspension
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Please read enclosed leaflet before use.
Not suitable for infants under 1 year of age.
Do not use Gaviscon Infant with other feed thickening agents or infant milk preparations containing a thickening agent.
Do not use more than the stated amount.
Do not give more than six times in 24 hours. maximum daily dose for infants over 4.5 kg (10lb) or for young children, equates to intake of 3.45g of mannitol E421.
Products containing mannitol may have a laxative effect cause diarrhea.
Each sachet is security sealed. Do not use if damaged.
Each sachet of Gaviscon Infant contains approximately 21mg (0.92mmol) sodium.
If your infant has been put on low sodium (salt) diet ask your doctor or other health professional before taking the product.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
– Breast-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Under 4.5kg = One Sachet
– Breast-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Over 4.5kg = Two Sachets
– Bottle-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Under 4.5kg = One Sachet
– Bottle-fed infants aged 1-2 years: Over 4.5kg = Two Sachets
– Breast-fed 1-2 years = Add 5ml of cooled, boiled water to the powder in a glass. Mix to a smooth paste and add another 10ml water to the mix. Give after each feed, using a spoon or feeding bottle.
– Bottle-fed 1-2 years Under 4.5kg = Mix into no less than 115ml of each feed in the bottle and shake well.
– Bottle-fed 1-2 years Over 4.5kg = Mix into no less than 225ml of each feed in the bottle and shake well.
colloidal anhydrous silica, mannitol
sodium alginate, magnesium alginate
Each dose of powder contains: Sodium Alginate 225mg, Magnesium Alginate 87.5mg. Also contains Mannitol E421
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. THIS MEDICINE MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR YOU. INCORRECT USE MAY BE HARMFUL. READ THE WARNINGS BEFORE PURCHASE. THE PHARMACIST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT SUPPLY CONTRARY TO OUR PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL OBLIGATION.